One of the most ancient meditation techniques, Vipassana originated in India. Also popular as mindfulness meditation, it follows a particular procedure.
It is because this fixed set makes the meditation easy to perform. Besides that, the meditator gets a specific system.
You can perform this particular meditation in four body postures, namely, sitting, lying, standing as well as walking. By practicing it, you indeed give thorough attention to different sensations of mind as well as body. Through it, you acquire an intense self-awareness, which in turn improves your mental health.
Vipassana – 3 Primary Objectives
This mindfulness mediation comes with three objectives.
- Firstly, you have to understand impermanence directly. In other words, you should realize that nothing is everlasting. Everything and every situation change continuously.
- Secondly, you need to realize that by holding on to your thoughts or feelings or even the objects bring a lot of suffering in your life. So, you need to detach yourself from all these to be happy.
- Last but not least, you have to believe in yourself. You have to find out who you are.
Is Vipassana Different From Other Ways Of Meditation?
At present, a lot of things are happening in your body as well as mind. This mindfulness meditation relates to those things. It does not depend on any energy, and you do not have any aim to leave the body. Though it is an extended process, you can see a noticeable difference gradually.
Tips For Practicing Mindfulness Meditation
There are a few tips that you need to follow while you are commencing the meditation course.
- It is wise not to take any strong medicine. Otherwise, you cannot perform it correctly.
- If you do not understand any methods or if you have any question in your mind regarding this meditation method, do not hesitate to ask your teacher.
- Do not get depressed if you can’t perform it appropriately initially. Here you should know that to be an expert in it, you need patience as well as practice.
- Are you suffering from body ache? Then it is better to practice stretching exercises all through the day.
How To Practice It – Alone Or In Groups?
Guided group practice is always better in comparison to the alone session, whether you are a novice or an expert of Vipassana. It is because a meditator is present in the group session where he can guide you correctly so that you can create a connection between your body and mind. However, most of the experts practice mindfulness mediation alone.
Negative Feelings And Mindfulness Mediation – What Is The Connection
By having an intense awareness of your mind as well as body, you get to know that you are different from your thoughts. Neither your feelings are you, nor are you in your feelings. Thus, you can detach the negative feelings or unwanted feelings from yourself.
It Is Hard Or Straightforward To Carry Out?
In comparison to other methods, it is quite simple and does not need laser-like attentiveness along with focus. So, it has become so popular both in India and also abroad.