Chakra Meditation is one of the techniques to keep your body sound and silent. The chakra meditation is done using the seven core Chakra.
Chakras are the energy sources that control different functions of the human body. Any blockage in the chakra can cause physical and mental damages. Chakra meditation is like a boon given by God to improve the great functions of all chakra. At the same time, it helps to maintain inner peace.
It starts from the spine and ends at the top of your head. Each denotes with a name, color, and different parts of the body it connects.
Muladhara (Root Chakra)
- Located in the bottom edge of the spine.
- This is the major and wider chakra of the subtle body.
- It denotes with red color, and the mantra is “LAM.”
- It controls the prostate gland, adrenal gland, food digestion, spinal column, fertility, and ovaries in the woman.
Svadhisthana (Sacral Chakra)
- Located just about 7cm below the navel.
- It denotes an orange color, and the mantra is “VAM.”
- It controls the sexual organs, pelvic area, legs, and the bladder.
Manipura (Solar Plexus Chakra)
- Located 7 cm above the navel
- It denotes with Yellow color, and the mantra is “RAM.”
- It controls the Liver, pancreas, stomach, large & small intestine, and blood.
Anahata (Heart Chakra)
- Located in the middle of the chest area
- It denotes with Green color, and the mantra is “YAM.”
- It controls the heart, lungs, and breathing.
Visshuddha (Throat Chakra)
- Located in the throat near the thyroid gland.
- It indicates the Blue color, and the mantra is “HAM.”
- It controls the mouth, ears, nose, and vocal cords.
Ajna (The third eye Chakra)
- Located in the center of the two eyebrows.
- It indicates the Indigo color, and the mantra is “SHAM.”
- It controls the brain and nerve system.
Sahasrara (Crown Chakra)
- Located at the top of the head. Also, it is the command center for all the chakras.
- It indicates the White and Purple color, and the mantra is “OM.”
- It controls the Pineal gland and upper brain nerve system.
How To Practice Chakra Meditation?
You should find the right mentor or Guruji to learn and practice chakra meditation to leverage its benefits to the fullest. However, there are a lot of spiritual centers that teach Chakra yoga techniques. So, you need to find the right place.
If you practice without Guru’s advice, you might end up not doing it correctly, or it might take much time.
Ways To Open The Chakras
- You need to sit on the ground with eyes closed. You can keep “Chin mudra” in hand.
- Start focusing on the root chakra (Muladhara) by telling it is mantra “LAM.” It is the place where kundalini (life energy) generates. Start feeling the kundalini energy that arises in you.
- Slowly go the next chakra in the ascending order. Move the kundalini through all the other six chakras by saying it is the mantra.
- The destination is the seventh chakra, which is the crown chakra (Sahasrara). One who adapts himself in this chakra can understand the universe’s language.
- Ajna and Sahasrara combine and make a connection with you and the entire world.
- You can stay and focus on each chakra based on your comfort. Beginners can focus for about 2 to 5 mins and gradually increase the duration.
- This helps you to understand your own body, open the blockage, and helps the chakra to function correctly for your well-being.
Best Time To Practice Chakra Meditation
It entirely depends on you, and you can also practice anytime you feel. Also, whenever you feel stressed, tied. The meditation practice helps you to be active, energetic, and optimistic.
However, Guru’s and ancient books say, Early morning between 4 AM – 6 AM is the best time to practice any meditation and yoga techniques.